Sunday, September 26, 2010

Remember Patience

What a great morning! Benny pooped on the floor, but it was Normal! Yeah! Aah I can't wait for diapers! Having a new family member is. . . well NEW!  He is a bed hog, loves to kiss kiss kiss, great on walks, squirrel connoisseur, and very interested in mirrors. One of his many talents is sitting by the micro-wave when the timer goes off. Very handy if you. . . cant hear the micro? He must have had a kitchen at his last place. He knows sit and lay. (not sure what else. . .)LOVES treats! He has been great with other dogs, children and visitors. Welcome visitors. He lets us know when people are out side, good thing! And Pierre! He is so happy!
Tomorrow we will go pick up Maggie, her ashes and a clipping of her hair. Reality will really be setting in. Benny will also be visiting the vet. Just a "new family member" check up.  All WILL go well! :)
Depending on what the vet bill runs, I'd like to get started on those yummy treats for the Fall Harvest Sale! Baking/cooking is one of my therapies! I just hope we can afford the ingredients! I'll post pics of the creations that (hopefully) come tomorrow!
Oh, and Frozen Snickers Bars make ANY day a little better!

1 comment:

  1. I too lost a best friend with bone cancer of the hip, at 11 years old I wasn't going to put this active German short hair through the agony of amputation, especially at her age, we had her put down. My best therapy was to go get another dog...too many angels out there needing a loving home...to grieve away their limited time on this earth in a shelter is sad...you did what I would've done...adopt...and I have a beautiful urn and pictures of the love of a creature still near and dear to my heart.

    I'm a friend of your mom...good luck with your newest pooper...gotta luvum!!!

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete