Saturday, September 25, 2010

Love to Recover!

I have been unable to download Maggie's video, I guess it's to long. Who would have thought I would take a LONG video of my babies. I woke up yesterday with a fire burning in me. Maggie and God had a plan for me, and I knew I wouldn't be able to rest until I followed their path. It started when I started to promise myself I would NEVER have another dog. Right after, like a smack in the face, it was as though Maggie spoke to me. Saying "Mom, you don't have to save me, you can't. But there is someone you can." I knew she had already whispered in some poor sheltered dog's ear "Don't worry Momma's on her way." So . . . I went to the Cedar Rapids Animal Shelter. I told the wonderful people my story. The women said "I know who you are looking for." Then I met Benny. I knew when I laid eyes on him and when he rubbed and leaned on me-he was the one. We were sent to save each other. He had been there 3 weeks before I got there. NO ONE understood why. My mother said it's because he has been waiting for me.  So after meeting him I flew home, got Pierre, flew back to the shelter. Pierre and Benny hit it off. They are so comfortable around each other, like they have met before. And before we all knew it, we were ALL headed home! 
I can feel Maggie in my heart, telling me to just keep loving. She is snuggled so tightly to my soul, she will always be a part of me. I know she is helping me every step of the way. I will be picking up her ashes soon, and a clipping of her hair. As much as I am not ready. . . I know she will help me, God will help me.
I am planning on making some tasty treats for Mom's Fall Harvest Sale.  Carmel Apples, Witch Fingers and  of course some Puppy Treats!!
Keep spreading Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment