Thursday, September 23, 2010

I believe in Love

Maggie went in yesterday for the amputation. I called yesterday they said I might be able to pick her up sooner. When I recieved a call at 8am I was so excited, I was going to wait until 9 to call. But they said she looked as though she was sleeping peacefully, she had passed. I guess she got a blood clot. I asked if they would keep a clipping of her hair and i would pick it up with her ashes when they called. I have a great video of her, I will post later. Please stop back later to watch they video and fill you "love bucket". That is all she wanted-to spread love.
The lesson I have learned- Love with all of your heart-everyone. There is no time to be selfish.
I will be going to the dog shelter sometime soon. Maggie would want me to share my love with someone else. I can't save Maggie, she is already home in heaven anyway. But there is someone waiting for me behind a locked door. I am sure Maggie has sent them a little doggie message reassuring them I will be there soon. I will post more later. Thank you to everyone who has prayed and love. Thank you to everyone who loves their puppies always.
And please please pray for Nick, he dropped Maggie off at the vet yesterday and is just beside himself. I told him she felt safe their because of him, and he took her on her last car ride. He needs prayers too. And our other dog Pierre. Him and Maggie were best friends and very much in love. Check out some of my older posts, there are great pictures of Maggie, Pierre and Nick. Thank you again.

2 comments:

  1. My thoughts & prayers out to all Maggies'loved one's.
    I will keep an eye out for the video!
    Keep your head up for her!!
    deepest sympathy,
    Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz. I know your Mother through her shop and blog. I wanted to write and say how very sorry I am about Maggie. My dog Atticus, an Irish Setter, died of bone cancer six years ago. We had his leg amputated and he had four rounds of chemo. I was inconsolable, I just loved him so much. He only lived ten months after the amputation. We did things he loved to do everyday and I cherished that short time we had. But, after he died I felt like I had been selfish. Maggie is in a pain free place and hopefully in the Great Beyond we will be reunited with our beloved pets.

    ReplyDelete